Staying healthy is more important than ever; a strong immune system can help you fight off infections and avoid the need for constant visits to the doctor. Certain lifestyle changes support this, acting like natural immune boosters for your system. And it’s easier than you think!
Working out regularly can help improve your blood circulation(which in turn helps battle infections), reduce stress, and stimulate the production of white blood cells and antibodies, the building blocks of your immune response. Exercising can help flush out infection-causing bacteria in the airways and lungs, lowering the risk of catching flu, cold, and other such infections.
HOW: Aim to get in a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise daily – even a brisk walk will do. Moderate exercise has been linked to a better immune response to respiratory viral infections.
Eat Foods That Are Immunity Boosters
Eat a healthy balanced diet rich in things that are considered immunity booster food. For instance, certain vitamins and minerals are considered essential for a healthy immune system. By extension, immune system booster food will contain a high quantity of these nutrients.
- Consume immunity booster Indian food that’s rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant ginger and immune modulating and immune-boosting turmeric or haldi.
- Consume more anti-inflammatory immune-boosting omega-3 fatty acids from flaxseed, walnuts, almonds, olive oil, as well as fatty fish like rohu, mackerel(bangda), sardines, and Indian salmon(rawas).
- Up your intake of immune-supporting vitamin E from seeds and nuts.
- Eat fermented foods like idli and dosa or homemade curd – these probiotic foods support gut health which is at the heart of your immune health.
- Increase your intake of fruit and vegetables – they’re rich in antioxidant vitamins and minerals and also contain prebiotics that help support the growth of favourable bacteria. You can also get prebiotics from cereals like whole wheat, bajra, millets, and oats.
Inadequate sleep can wreak havoc with your body’s defenses. Unrestful or insufficient sleep can impair your immune and inflammatory response.
Set a good sleep routine for yourself with dim lights, a shower to relax your body, and a fixed bedtime. This will ensure you get a full night’s rest of 7 to 9 hours every day.
Stay Well Hydrated
Insufficient water and fluid intake can dehydrate your body making it harder for the body to operate optimally. Water is needed to flush out toxins.
Try and drink plain water or fluids in the form of soups or even fresh vegetable or fruit juice throughout the day.
Beat Stress Naturally
Stress can make you more vulnerable to infection than someone who is not stressed. Learn to relax and cope with stress better.
Learn meditation, breathing techniques, or start doing yoga regularly to help calm the mind and body.
Smoking can weaken your system’s ability to fight infections. It can also worsen viral and bacterial infections of the lungs, rheumatoid arthritis, gum disease, and even cancer, to name a few.
HOW: Try to quit smoking, the benefits begin to kick in within days and weeks.
Take An Immune-Boosting Multivitamin
Ensure you don’t miss out on any important micronutrients by taking a daily multivitamin. The Maxirich Multivitamin capsule, for example, contains the most important vitamins and minerals that are key to good health – including antioxidant vitamins A, E & C. Besides supporting your immune health these easy-to-take capsules protect bones, support normal muscle and nerve function, counter weakness and lethargy, and boost stamina.
Give your lifestyle an immune system booster overhaul today! Order your pack of Maxirich capsules online or pick it up at a neighbourhood chemist.